Serene Holistic Therapy
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- I deal with female clients only, and don't treat under 16 year olds.
- My therapy room is in my home and is upstairs. If you have any mobility issues, please discuss with me in advance of your appointment. I may be able to offer some treatments downstairs with prior arrangement.
- The treatment times listed are the approx time your appointment will take, however your first appointment is likely to take longer to allow for initial consulation time. I also don't like to rush my clients out so sometimes appointments may run a little over the listed time.
- I don't have a waiting area therefore I leave plenty of time between appointments so the previous client has left before the next one arrives. Please arrive on time for your appointment, a few minutes early is okay but if you arrive too early I may be finishing with a previous client and unable to answer the door.
- Because I don't have a waiting area I am only able to deal with one client at a time. Please attend your appointment alone.
- Parking is available on my driveway.
- Payment is to be made at the end of your appointment and I can accept either cash or card payments.
- Please notify me of any long standing medical conditions or any infectious conditions (including cold, flu, stomach bugs etc) prior to your appointment. This helps me prepare for your treatment and make any adjustments necessary. If a particular therapy is not suitable for you this can be discussed in advance and avoids disappointment if I am unable to go ahead with your treatment.
- Covid-19 - I will contact you 24-48 hrs prior to your treatment so go through a covid checklist and check for symptoms. You will be required to sanitise hands on arrival, facemasks must be worn at all times. Please keep belongings to a minimum and you may wish to bring your own bottle of water. Please read the Covid Policy below for full details.
- Please advise if you have had recent surgery. Massage treatments are not recommended until you have been signed off by your Consultant.
- Please advise me when booking your appointment if you are pregnant or suspect you may be pregnant, this applies to all treatments including holistic therapies, facials, manicures & pedicures.
- Massage treatments are suitable from the 2nd Trimester onwards and for women with low risk pregnancies they can be very beneficial in supporting you through your maternity journey.
- I have completed a Maternity Reflexology Course with Sally Earlam Reflexology, accredited by the Association of Reflexologists (AOR), therefore I am now able to offer Reflexology in the 1st trimester to existing reflexology clients, providing there is no history of miscarriage or serious complications in previous pregnancies. For new clients, reflexology is available from the 2nd trimester onwards and is especially beneficial in the later stages of your pregnancy. If you are unsure if Reflexology is suitable for you please feel free to contact me to discuss.
- I recommend that you discuss with your midwife or GP before commencing reflexology or massage treatments. If you have a high risk pregnancy or a history of miscarriages, written permission from your Doctor may be required prior to you commencing treatment.
- You may be required to complete a consultation form prior to your appointment.
- I use aromatherapy essential oils and nut oils in my treatments. Essential oils are only used with your consent but if you are particularly sensitive to aromatherapy oils (or if you are pregnant) please notify me so I can ensure the room has been well ventilated and cleared of aromatherapy prior to your appointment.
Cancellations and late arrivals
- Everyone has busy lives and sometimes things happen which means you have to cancel. Late cancellations means a loss of earnings for myself, so please give me as much notice as possible. Unlike many therapists, I don't charge a late cancellation fee. With your co-operation I hope that cancellations won't become an issue.
- Please note, if you are late arriving for your appointment I may need to reduce your treatment time and the full charge will still be due.
copyright - sereneholistictherapy 2021
Covid 19 Secure Workplace Policy (full wording)
This policy has been written in conjuction with The Association of Reflexologists and Government Guidelines for Close Contact Workplaces.
As an Association of Reflexologist (AOR) member I will :
- Work within Government Guidelines
- Have prepared for and complied with the AOR return to work document
- Comply with the AOR Covid-19 Secure Hygiene Guidelines - details strict hygiene practices for the therapist. You can request a copy from your therapist.
- I will complete a risk assessment (covid consultation) before each treatment to ascertain if it is appropriate for you to have a treatment.
- Hand washing before and after treatments (or hand sanitiser with a minimum of 60% alcohol)
- Our members will have clean, dedicated clothes/uniforms for treatments..
- Treatment spacing - I will be allowing at least 30 mins between clients to minimise contact with other clients
- Cleaning - this 30 mins also allows for couch/chair coverings to be changed and any surfaces that have been touched and bathroom facilities to be cleaned between each client.
- Depending on the latest guidelines, your therapist is likely to be wearing a facial covering and you will be asked to wear one too. You can expect your therapist to be wearing a medical grade facial mask for treatments such as foot reflexology and also a visor for treatments that do not allow for 2 metres distancing such as massages.
- Clean linen and towels will be used for each client.
- Soft furnishings - will be removed if non-essential or completely covered e.g. pillows.
- A cleaning checklist will be on display to show when cleaning has taken place.
- Waste will be disposed of in line with government guidelines.
- Laundry in line with government guidelines.
As a client you will be required to:
- Complete a risk assessment (covid consultation) before each treatment (your therapist will contact you to complete this).
- On arrival declare if anything has changed with your health or within your family unit.
- Wash your hands or use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival.
- You may be asked to wear a face covering. Your therapist will let you know before your treatment if this is the case.
- Bring your own bottle of water.
- Inform your therapist if you develop any symptoms of covid-19 however mild.
- Arrange contactless payment if possible.
Hygiene and safety is of paramount importance to us, if there is anything you are unsure about please contact your therapist to discuss
copyright - Association of Reflexologists 2020 & Serene Holistic Therapy 2021